From the discussions with your client, you can begin to ascertain their learning needs. Some questions that can help you work this out are:
- Why does the client need your help?
- What are the client’s requirements and priorities?
- What are the client’s constraints? (For example, budget, timelines or location.)
- Are there any other stakeholders? If so, who are they?
- What is the target learner group for the training and assessment?
- Where is the target learner group located?
- What is the skill or knowledge that needs to be learnt and/or assessed?
Before you can begin researching the appropriate Training Package/s, you need to know your client and determine their learning needs. In order to develop an action plan for dissecting and reconstructing the Training Package/s, you need to know the answers to the above questions.